20 Great Ways to Use Tea Tree Oil
1. Use a dab to treat acne.
2. An anti-fungal for treating Athlete’s Foot, eczema, various yeast infections, etc.
3. An antiseptic to be used on cuts and burns.
4. An anti-viral: it may lessen the symptoms of colds and flu. Try using a few drops in the bath.
5. Add to a vaporizer to loosen chest congestion.
6. Add a small amount to shampoo to destroy head lice.
7. A small amount added to your bath can help with persistent body odor.
8. Treating sinus infection.
9. For dandruff and dry scalp.
10. In the form of aromatherapy, tea tree oil is used to treat colds, persistent coughs, acne, toothaches, and sunburn.
11. To create an all-purpose cleaner, combine 2 teaspoons of tea tree oil in 2 cups of water in a spray bottle.
12. Another version would be 14 ounces of water with 1 ounce of Murphy’s oil soap and 10 drops of tea tree oil.
13. Mix the above solution with kosher salt to scrub bathtub and bathroom tiles.
14. Add a few drops to dishwasher dispenser, then fill with a green dishwashing soap.
15. A few drops added to each load of laundry leave your clothes smelling cleaner.
16. Control mold with a tea tree oil/water spray.
17. Remove mustiness with that same tea tree oil/water spray.
18. To keep germs at bay, spray it on high chairs, car seats, and other high traffic spots.
19. 15 drops in a quart of water can be an effective insect repellent.
20. Be sure to take some with you when hiking and camping to put directly on insect bites or blisters.
Sunday, May 4, 2014
7 Mother’s Day Gifts For 7 Awesome Kinds Of Mums Jyy Wei May 2, 2014 0
Have you gotten your mum a gift for Mother’s Day yet?
Yes, Mother’s Day is coming soon, and no it did not have a shift of date – it was and will always be on the second Sunday of May.
If you’ve already gotten her a gift, good for you. As for those who lost track of time and are hyperventilating over ‘what should I get for mum!?’, keep calm – we’ve compiled a gift guide to make things easier for you!
Depending on your her hobbies and personalities, below are a few Mother’s Day gift suggestions.
The Busy Woman: An Exquisite Watch
Juggling between work at home, in the office and undying love for the family is no easy task – so getting her a watch can help her keep track and balance time. This Mother’s Day, why not take it up a notch and get her something fancier – like say, the Jaeder-LeCoultre’s Grande Reverso Night & Day. With traditional styling and a new automatic in-house movement, this exquisite number is the perfect example of sturdiness and reliability. It comprises of 200 parts and has a nice 42-hour power reserve so that she can savor the carefree pleasure of not strapping it once in a while.
The Mum Who Loves To Bake: An Oven
While an oven might seem like an unlikely gift, it is actually one of the best items to give a momma who adores baking. Might we suggest something from Gaggenau – a premier leading brand in ovens, their Oven 400 series boasts of at least 13 cooking modes, is made from stainless teel and comes with handle-less doors. Plus, you even have the option of getting a matching coffee maker and wine chiller to complete the Gaggenau kitchen family! For more information on this, click here.
The ‘Interior Designer’: Comyns Padma Collection
For the mother who enjoys decorating and sprucing up the house, the Comyns Padma Collection is a thing to consider. Using the lotus plant as a source of inspiration, the collection can easily beautify a space on its own or as an accompanying piece of decoration (e.g. used as a base for floral arrangements).
The 925 Sterling Silver Comyns Padma Collection comes in a set of four different-sized bowls that can be stacked together, or presented individually.
The Fashionista: A Handbag
If you’re afraid of getting wrong sizing for clothes and jewelry, getting a handbag is the way to go! As for those who are still unsure of what kind of bag to get, our advice is to keep it minimalist and classy – like Fossil’s Sydney Shopper. Designed with top handles, a structured frame and buttery soft leather, this shopper bag is made to fit any momma’s lifestyle.
The Scent-sational Mum: Limited Edition or Premium Perfume
Instead of getting your mother another mainstream bottle of perfume to add into her collection, consider getting something that’s a bit rarer. Take for instance the perfume from L’occitane’s La Collection de Grasse. Named as Neroli, the scent carries base notes of orange blossom and white orchids – truly a scent that’s fit for those who seek rare aromas.
The Techie: Gadget Cases
Give her phone or tablet an upgrade with a new case. And if she’s one who’s a bit on the clumsy side, then it’s time to introduce the Otterbox Symmetry series into her life. Ultra slim, stylish and tough, these covers are a great way of preventing dreaded cracked gadgets.
Posted by wenn at 10:06 PM