- The Eiffel Tower has 2,500,000 rivets in it.
- The Eiffel tower is 320 meters high and weights 7000 tons. It has 1710 steps. The first floor is at 57 meters and 360 steps from the ground, the second at 115 meters and 1060 steps from the ground. The third floor at 274 meters from the ground is only reachable by lift.
- The Eiffel tower was designed by Gustave Eiffel (1832-1923), a French engineer specialized in metallic buildings. Completed in 1889 for the Paris world exhibition, it was built in two years by 132 workers and 50 engineers.
- The Eiffel tower was very nearly demolished in 1909. It was saved by its use as a telecommunication tower. The Eiffel tower is now one of the most famous buildings in the world and welcomes 5.5 millions visitors each year.
- The Eiffel Tower shrinks 6 inches in winter
- The Eiffel Tower was the tallest building in the world when it was completed in 1889.
- The Eiffel Tower was built for the World's Fair to demonstrate that iron could be as strong as stone while being infinitely lighter.
- This is how you say Eiffel Tower in Spanish. Torre de Eiffel
- Did you know that the Eiffel Towers restaurant seats 200 people? The restaurant gets its name from it being 95 meters above sea level. By the way the name of the restaurant is Altitude 95.
- It took a team of 25 painters to paint the Eiffel Tower.
- It took a year and a month just to build the Eiffel Tower. (From April 1888 - May 1889).
- Protecting the Eiffel Tower from rust requires the application of 50 tons of paint every seven years.
- In 1925, a con artist sold the Eiffel Tower for scrap - twice!
- Solar heating can causes the Eiffel Tower to expand up to 3.25 in.
Friday, July 8, 2011
Posted by wenn at 12:01 AM